Frequently asked questions

One of the best insurance providers for landlords

Find Out Why
  • How Do I Make A Claim?
  • If you need to make a claim you will need to contact your insurer’s claims team, which are detailed below.

    Geo Underwriting claims – 01708 777 710

    Pen Underwriting – 01403 321 394

    Keystone – 0344 856 2364

    Plum – 0345 313 1915

    Modus – 0344 856 3815

    Axa Let – 0330 024 8087

    Rentguard – 0208 587 1075

    Abacus amtrust – 0115 934 9818

    Abacus Novea – 0144 322 9513

    Abacus Covea – 0142 2286 304

  • What is Buildings Insurance?
  • Buildings insurance will protect yourself against loss or damage caused to the property.

  • Do I insure my property from exchange or completion?
  • Insurance is usually offered from exchange, but you should be guided by your solicitor on the exact date to start your policy.

  • How do I calculate my Rebuild Cost?
  • This is something that we unfortunately cannot advise, you may find this on your previous insurance documents, on a recent surveyors report, confirmed by a mortgage company or alternatively there is the BCIS website ( which may assist.

  • What does liability insurance mean?
  • The liability cover on your policy will cover you for two separate aspects, Property Owners Liability and Employers Liability. The schedule of insurance will state as to how much cover you have for both of these.

  • What are the different categories of listed buildings?
  • There are three types of listed status for buildings in England, Grade I: buildings of exceptional interest, Grade II*: particularly important buildings of more than special interest, Grade II: buildings that are of special interest, warranting every effort to preserve them.

  • How do I find out if my property is listed?
  • This can be located on your property deeds alternatively you will be able to contact your local authority to gain this information.